A MAC address consists of 48 bits (6 bytes).
More News and Tutorials
- What are the differences between physical and logical addressing?
- What is the difference between 16-bit and 32-bit operating systems?
- Why is an ARP cache not efficient when it is applied to a LAN?
- VMware ESX 3.5 and VirtualCenter 2.5 small features guide
- If we could redesign IP to use the six byte MAC as IP addresses instead of the current 32 bit addres
Related glossary terms
Terms for Whatis.com - the technology online dictionary
This was first published in April 2003