Kevin Beaver (CISSP), is an information security consultant, expert witness, as well as a seminar leader and keynote speaker with Atlanta-based Principle Logic, LLC. In the industry for over two decades and having worked for himself the past eight years, Kevin specializes in performing independent security assessments and helping IT professionals achieve all they can in their careers.
He has authored/co-authored seven books on information security including Hacking For Dummies and the newly-updated Hacking For Dummies, 3rd edition. In addition, he’s the creator of the Security On Wheels information security audio books and security security blog providing security learning for IT professionals on the go. Kevin can be reached at www.principlelogic.com.
Contributions from Kevin Beaver, CISSP
- Simple steps to prioritize the IT tasks at hand
- How to get users on your side when working in IT
- How to be an effective leader in IT problem-solving
- In IT planning, try zero-based thinking
- In IT, working for yourself is an attainable dream
- How to form a functional IT security committee
- Why you can’t afford to ignore mobile security
- Four common SharePoint security oversights
- Preparing for Windows workstation security breaches
- Windows environment flaws you may be missing
- Boost your worth -- and your salary
- Eight best practices for retaining IT talent
- Career networking dos and don'ts for the IT pro
- Low-cost ways to get the IT skills you need
- Are your IT administrators trustworthy?
- Networking with the bigwigs to gain support for IT
- Networking to enhance your IT career