All answers to this quiz are found in the May 28-June 3 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #14
1. This statement is NOT true of the Windows Server 2003 Registry Editor:
a. This editor incorporates BOTH REGEDIT.EXE and REGEDT32.EXE.
b. It enables you to set key permissions directly in a remote system's Registry.
c. Even with the Windows Server 2003 Registry Editor, you still can't add a key at the Registry's root level.
d. It's new "Go-Back" feature does away with the need to back up the Registry before making modifications.
2. There are 4 standard subkeys under the HARDWARE subkey. Which option is not one of them?
f. It's a trick question - there are 5 standard subkeys, making "all the above" the right answer.
3. The default size of the security log in Windows Server 2003 is...
a. 32 Mb
b. 64 Mb
c. 128 Mb
d. 256 Mb
4. Although HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT is considered a hive, it's actually an alias. For what key?
5. What does MSICUU.EXE do?
a. This backup utility can be configured to cherry-pick specific folders for backup while leaving big apps alone.
b. It is a cleanup tool for removing Windows Installer Registry entries.
c. This tool restores individual Registry Keys.
d. It is a Registry search tool that allows you to keep a set of "favorites" similar to that of Internet Explorer.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!
This was first published in May 2004