All answers to this quiz are found in the Sept 10-16 featured chapter download, but be warned - this quiz is designed to be challenging! Good luck!
How to take the quiz:
- After reading the question, note the letter of your answer. Check your answers by clicking the link to the answer key at the end of the quiz.
- Send us an e-mail telling us how you did to participate in our book giveaway this week.
NOTE: The weekly prize drawing is random - your score will not affect your chances of winning.
- To read more about a topic, open the chapter and locate the indicated page after each answer.
Chapter Quiz #29
1. These routing protocols support authentication, except one. Which?
a. RIP version 2
e. All the above supports authentication.
f. None of the above supports authentication.
2. What does ISAKMP do?
a. ISAKMP centralizes security association management.
b. ISAKMP generates and manages authenticated keys used to secure information.
c. ISAKMP reduces connection time.
d. ISAKMP server mode hides the endpoint identities, while ISAKMP client mode encrypts the ESP tunnel.
e. Options A and B.
f. Options A and C.
g. Options B and D.
h. Options A, C and D.
i. It's a trick question - there is no ISAKMP, just ISKAMP.
3. IPSec is a...
a. Layer 2 protocol
b. Layer 3 protocol
c. Layer 4 protocol
d. Bad choice for VPNs, period.
4. What is the best approach for securing dial-in access?
a. Centralize all dial-in access through a DMZ.
b. Require authentication of all connections.
c. Require callback or caller ID verification.
d. Don't provide it. Only allow access through a global Internet dialer and VPN software.
5. Most devices support three primary VPN technologies. Which option is NOT one of them?
a. Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol
b. Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol
d. Secure Socket Layer
e. It's another trick question - all the above are usually supported.
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWER KEY AND TO WIN A FREE BOOK!
This was first published in September 2004