This tip was submitted to the SearchWin2000.com Tip Exchange by member Subhas Chandra Bose Parvathaneni. Let other users know how useful it is by rating the tip below.
Using the auto-complete feature at the command prompt is an important time saver that many don't take full advantage of. To enable it you must first logon as an administrator. Then, follow these simple steps:
- Click 'Start' and 'Run'.
- Enter 'Regedit' and press enter.
- Expand 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE'.
- Expand 'SOFTWARE' and then 'Microsoft' and finally 'Command Processor'.
- On the right side, double-click the 'CompletionChar'.
- Enter the value as '9' and close regedit.
This was first published in October 2002